A gift in your Will of just 1% has the potential to save lives and stop suicides in future generations.
Making a will is an important thing to do. It gives you the opportunity to safeguard what is important to you and how you want your estate to be distributed amongst those people and organisations important to you.
In your will, you may wish to remember your favourite charity as one way to continue your support and form part of a living legacy. Lifeline Direct will honour your donation proudly through our work supporting local people and those in crisis.
Below are suggestions on the easiest way to add us to your Will or feel free to contact us, we're happy to talk with you about this.
Leave a Gift in Your Will to Lifeline
Lifeline exists to ensure that no person in Australia needs to face their darkest moment alone. We provide a crucial moment of connection that brings hope and saves lives.
You can leave a lasting legacy and ensure your community has accessible crisis support, and help us wind back Australia’s suicide rate. A gift in your Will of just 1% can make an incredible impact to future generations.
Your Gift Can Save Lives
Our vision is an Australia free of suicide, but devastatingly nine Australians take their own lives every day. Connection is fundamental to all we do at Lifeline; we're here to make a connection with any person in distress whenever they need us, 24 hours a day. Each month Lifeline Direct answer approximately 8,000 crisis support calls. We are a voice of calm in crisis. We know that through connecting with each person who calls, we can offer hope to continue.
It's easy to include us in your Will
By leaving a gift in your Will, you can help us be the voice of calm in crisis while protecting what is yours and taking care of your loved ones first. We recommend that you seek the advice of an expert, such as a solicitor or a specialist in a trustee company, to ensure your Will correctly reflects your wishes.
Some important details:
- Our Legal Name: Lifeline Direct Limited
- Our Australian Business Number: 14 618 509 818
*If you’d like to make a gift to a specific Lifeline Direct location, you can do so in the 'assets' section of the Will writing flow. These asset notes form part of your statement of testamentary wishes and are guiding for your executor. If you have any questions about expressing your best wishes, please contact us on the form below.
Create your bespoke Will online today with Safewill Legal.
Safewill is proud to partner with Lifeline to offer our supporters the opportunity to write a bespoke Will. You can access a simple means of ensuring loved ones are taken care of and choose to leave a legacy if you wish.
Safewill is Australia’s leading online Will writing platform and provides an accessible option for Australians who don't have a valid or current Will. You can complete your own Will online in as little as 20 minutes, and it will be confidentially reviewed by Safewill’s professional legal team to ensure it has been filled out correctly. Find out more about Safewill below or visit safewill.com/lifelinedirect.
What to expect when preparing your will online with Safewill Legal.
- Prepare your Will - We’ll ask a few simple questions allowin you to create your own Will. We’ve made it easy enough that you can use any device, or over the phone if you'd prefer.
- Leave a charitable gift - You can leave a lasting legacy by leaving a charitable gift in your Will. A gift as little as 1% of your Estate can make a world of difference to an organisation like Lifeline Direct.
- Submit for review - When you’re ready, pay and submit to our legal advisers to make sure the steps have been filled out correctly. We’ll be in touch within 2-3 business days.
- Print & sign - Once reviewed, we’ll email you your Will document, ready to be printed and signed. Find two witnesses, sign the Will, and store it somewhere safe — you’re all done.
What are the benefits of creating my will online with Safewill Legal?
- Support - Don't want to do it yourself? We offer human customer support 7 days a week.
- Updates for 1 year - We offer unlimited updates for $15/year, and your first year is free. This is optional, you can opt-out at any time.
- Always online - Access and update your Will anytime, anywhere online.
- Pause anytime - Get started, pause and resume when you need to.
- Legal Expertise - Every Will is reviewed by an Australian solicitor to ensure it is filled out correctly.
- Security & Privacy - Your personal information is safe and secure and won't be shared with anyone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a Will with Safewill legally valid?
Safewill's Wills have been drafted by practising Australian solicitors, and are reviewed and updated regularly to ensure that the document meets all legal requirements! On top of that, every Will is reviewed to make sure that it has all been filled out correctly. Provided that the Will is correctly signed and witnessed in accordance with our signing instructions, the Will meets the key legal requirements under Australian law.
What is included in the Will?
Safewill covers the basic features of Will writing including executorship, appointing guardians for your children and pets, and estate distribution. Safewill also allows you to leave behind meaningful gifts, create comprehensive asset lists for your executor and specify funeral instructions.
What if I want to change my Will?
Keeping your Will up to date with changing circumstances is really important. With the optional Safewill subscription service, you can make unlimited changes to your Will to reflect your current situation and current legislation for just $15/year. The first year is included for free.
Is my information secure?
We know the importance of securing both your data and your testamentary wishes included in your Will. Safewill uses global best practice systems for security and data protection, including encryption, user verification and secure hosting.
How do I know if Safewill is right for me?
Our Wills are appropriate for the majority of people with relatively simple estates. If you have complex family or personal circumstances, or complicated asset holdings that may require tailored legal or taxation advice, we'd recommend seeking advice from a legal professional.
Watch our Webinar: How to secure your legacy with Lifeline & Safewill.
Still want more information about leaving a gift in your will to Lifeline?
Call Lifeline on 1300 152 854 or fill in the form below and we'll get back to you soon.